Compliance Advisory Committee
The Compliance Advisory Committee (Advisory Committee) is an information-sharing and awareness-raising advisory group that provides leadership and helps ensure accountability for University compliance. The Advisory Committee accomplishes this by identifying and evaluating institutional risks and communicating recommendations to Institutional Compliance to aid in remediation efforts. Advisory Committee members are campus leaders, appointed by the Chief Compliance Officer, that help carry out University compliance efforts.
To advise and assist in the performance of specific tasks in the compliance program, such as:
- Developing a risk-based Compliance Plan.
- Ensuring compliance awareness around campus.
- Participate in discussions aimed at identifying, prioritizing and remediating institutional risks.
- Provide input and recommendations on training issues to the ECC.
- Provide input on policy and operational issues relevant to a successful compliance effort.
- Aid in the identification of significant compliance risks and cross-jurisdictional issues where exposures may not have been addressed.
- Evaluate the risks associated with emerging compliance issues and bring them to the Advisory Committee to ensure accountability has been established.
- Participate in the evaluation of Risk Management Plans for all high-risk areas.
- Evaluating reports from University officials responsible for high-risk areas.
Are you a Compliance Advisory Committee member?
We have resources to help you.
|Member||Area of Responsibility|
|Phipps, Mariah||Emergency Management|
|Attari, Peggy||Information Technology|
|Bernoussi, Reda||Accounting and Financial Reporting|
|Bond, Pete||Procurement Management|
|Carley, Melissa||Internal Audit|
|Attari, Peggy||PeopleSoft Access|
|Doug Tomlinson||Facilities Management|
|Dutton, Colleen||Human Resources|
|Fishbein, Bob||Auxiliary Services and Logistic|
|Garner, Carla||Programs for Minors|
|Howe, Nate||Information Security|
|Kratz, Abby||Academic Affairs|
|Prakash, Ravi||Faculty Senate|
|Liner, David||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Mayes, Jennifer||Financial Compliance|
|McKinney, Kelly||Contracts and Grants|
|Montgomery, Amanda||NCAA Compliance (academic)|
|Okhovat, Sanaz||Research Integrity and Outreach|
|Pearson, Donise||HIPAA Privacy|
|Sarnala, Hema||Information Technology|
|Shanks, Imperio||International Center|
|Tolan, Beth||Financial Aid|
|Zacharias, Larry||Clery Act and Campus Safety|
|Zamarripa, Leticia||International Center|