National Student Employment Week
UT Dallas participates in National Student Employment Week in the spring semester.
Student employees perform invaluable services with enthusiasm, dedication, and initiative. Many departments depend on the contributions of this reliable workforce for their efficient operation.
We encourage all departments to celebrate their student employees during this week!
Student Employee of the Year
The Student Employee of the Year Award is conducted according to the rules and regulations of the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) and the Southern Association of Student Employment Administrators (SASEA). The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of students who work while attending college.
The annual Student Employee of the Year Program, including a celebration honoring all student employees, is coordinated by the Career Center. The Student Employee of the Year recognition and celebration take place during the second full week in April.
Plan to show our UT Dallas student employees how much they are valued during National Student Employment Week!
- All undergraduate and graduate students who are in non-benefit-eligible student jobs are eligible to be nominated.
- Must have been employed for a minimum of 6 months part-time (working at least 10 hours per week) between June in the prior year through May of the current year.
- Resident Advisors, Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants are NOT eligible for nomination.
Student employees will be judged on the following, equally-weighted criteria:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
- Nominations will only be accepted from faculty and staff -
Nominations for the 2019 Academic Year are closed.
Ideas for Celebrations
We encourage every department to find special ways to honor their student employees during this week. These are a few activities you may want to consider:
- Host a pizza party
- Potluck breakfast or lunch
- Serve cake and punch in their honor
- Take them to lunch
- Buy them a helium balloon
- Purchase movie tickets
- Give flowers or candy
- Write a thank you note for a job well done
- Make a poster or banner to hang with all department staff signatures
- Purchase a gift certificate from the UT Dallas Bookstore or The PUB
The Career Center would like to issue a special thank you to the following supporters for making the 2019 Student Employment Week possible.
- UTD Office of Facilities and Economic Development
- UTD Eugene McDermott Library
- UTD School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- UTD Gender Center
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Sam's Club
- The String Bean Restaurant
- Corner Bakery
- LaMadeline Country French Café
- Alamo Drafthouse
- Central Market